Let’s start with this Christmas season I was secret Santa’d an Instant Pot. I have been reluctant to use it. Fast-Forward to last week and a conversation I had with another one of the non-profits in our building and they are interested in getting one. So I said how about we make food in it next week to show you how it works. Well… Now we have a lunch club comprised of my office mates and hers. I thought I’d share with all my fellow Instant Pot users our recipes the next few weeks!
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Gather your ingredients… (There will be a full recipe below)
(I purchased almost everything from my local Hy-Vee and was able to get it all for under $10! Not pictured is the hamburger)
Brown the Hamburger by pushing the Sauté button on your Instant Pot (in my case my Cosori) also at this time add all of your spices.
Once the hamburger is browned add the noodles, sauce, tomatoes, and water.
(this is pre-water – Make sure when you add the water all of the noodles are fully submerged)
Next… Click Manual –> Set Temperature/Pressure to highest setting –> Set timer for 10 minutes
(my Cosori gives me this moving rectangle until the pressure is high enough and then will give you the countdown)
VOILA! Pasta for Everyone!
(no clumps, no mushy noodles, just pure amazing spaghetti)
Plated on our fancy Lunch Club China (Taking donations for new china)
We paired it with a nice slice of Cheesy Garlic Bread and a nice Salad with Catalina dressing!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp. (I literally eyeballed it and it was superb) EACH Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic (I used from a jar)
- 1 pound of Spaghetti noodles (I buy pot sized so I don’t have to break them in half)
- 1 (24oz.) Jar of Spaghetti Sauce – Any Flavor
- 1 (14.5oz) Jar Diced Petite Tomatoes (I don’t like them to be too chunky)
- 32oz. of Water (I used one jar full and one can full and it was perfect)
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add the ground beef. Add all dry ingredients. Cook the meat until it’s completely browned. Turn the Instant Pot off (if you didn’t use a lean beef drain some of the excesses if needed).
- Add spaghetti noodles (or break in half if needed) directly on top of meat. Pour spaghetti sauce, petite diced tomatoes, and water. Push the spaghetti down to ensure it is fully submerged in sauce and water.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set it to Manual mode, high pressure, for 8 minute cooking time. When the time is up, do a manual quick release to open the Instant Pot. Stir the spaghetti well.
- Add in extras: Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions, use 1/2 sausage & 1/2 hamburger
- It might look very liquidy after the time is up be sure to stir before serving.
- CAUTION! IT IS VERY HOT WHEN IT IS FIRST DONE.
Let me know how this worked out for you!!